Declared Major (if you have one)
Current GPA (If you are a Sophomore)
Personal Background and Understanding of the Program
1. Brief Self-Description (tell us who you are in about three sentences).
2. Describe your commitment to Christ.
3. What does it mean to both proclaim and demonstrate the Gospel?
4. What Denomination (Christian tradition) do you identify with (i.e., Reformed, Roman Catholic, Methodist, Non-Denominational, etc.)
5. What cross-cultural experience(s) have you had (i.e., living overseas, short-term missions, etc)? Note: international and third-culture students might wish to comment on their "cross-cultural" experience living in the U.S.A. How appealing, challenging, and/or formative have these experiences been for you?
6. What specific things do you hope to get out of this program?
7. What would you bring to this program and the Emmaus community?
8. As you plan out your academic load for next year, how many hours of academic credit will you be taking each semester?
9. How many hours per week (of part-time employment) do you expect to have next Fall and Spring?
10. Are you involved in specific activities or programs (on or off campus) such as Varsity sports, student organizations, clubs, chapel band? Will any of these commitments or perhaps other factors limit your ability to fully participate in the academic, spiritual life, and community service aspects of the Emmaus program?
Close friends also applying to become Emmaus Scholars?
Do you have any close friends who are also applying to become Emmaus Scholars? If so, kindly give us their names.
Think of three people (a close friend, a professor, and a pastor who know you well and can support your application to become an Emmaus Scholar (these individuals can be here at Hope or at home). If you have a hard time thinking of a pastor who knows you - consider approaching one of your youth pastors, a campus chaplain, etc).
Approach each of these individuals, and explain to them why you want to become an Emmaus Scholar. Only after they have agreed to offer you a reference should you submit their names and email addresses below.
Reference: Peer / Close Friend
* Reference: Peer / Close Friend
Email address: Reference — Peer / Close Friend
Reference: Pastor / Chaplain
* Reference: Pastor / Chaplain
Email address: Reference — Pastor / Chaplain
* Reference: Professor
Email address: Reference — Professor
We begin selection Emmaus students on October 25. Today's date is:
* We begin selection Emmaus students on October 25. Today's date is:
Thank you for your interest in the Emmaus Scholars Program! You should expect to hear back from us prior to the beginning of the Spring semester.